Terms & Conditions
'I', 'me', means Sarah Newland (sole-trader) trading under the company name ‘KeyboardSmash’.
'Contract' is a separate document outlining the task(s) to be completed by KeyboardSmash and needs to be accepted by the client before the work starts.
'Client' means the person(s) / company instructing the work to be completed by KeyboardSmash. By entering into the ‘Contract’ you accept these terms and that you have the authority to enter into this agreement on behalf of yourself / your company.
· A 15-minute consultation and any reasonable quotations are free and are carried out by email or by phone.
· Work can be accepted from the client by email, post, Dropbox, Google Drive, ICloud, USB drive or by courier. I advise sending any original work securely.
· All work carried out by KeyboardSmash will be proofread, however final proofreading of the work lies with the client.
· Any mistakes notified in 48 hours will be made free of charge. After 48 hours it will be deemed that work has been accepted as free of errors and omissions and any edits after that date, not included in the ‘Contract’, will be charged hourly and billed to the closest 15 minutes.
· I can accept no liability or loss arising from the performance of any services carried out under the ‘Contract’.
· I cannot accept liability or responsibility for the end use of any documents or materials produced or edited by KeyboardSmash, on behalf of the client.
· KeyboardSmash reserves the right to reject any work, including work, which I believe to be unlawful or immoral.
· Although every effort will be made to ensure reliable service, in event of equipment failure, I cannot be held liable for any loss of information.
· KeyboardSmash will complete any work contracted within the deadlines agreed, if I receive all information and sign-off's within the set deadlines.
· I may wish to use the work that we do together for marketing purposes including on social media, on my website and in case studies. I will always discuss this with you in advance and will not do so without your confirmation.
· KeyboardSmash may undertake the services of other freelancers to work on the client’s behalf. In line with the requirements under GDPR, the client will be notified if this is to be the case.
· Invoices can be settled by bank transfer and details can be found on my invoice.
· For set fee work, payment terms are outlined on the Contract.
· Where the client’s requirements change, KeyboardSmash reserves the right to change the original quotation, following a suitable consultation with the client.
· Any additional costs incurred, e.g. postage, stationary, phone bills etc. will be invoiced separately to the client at the end of a project, or at the end of the month, whichever is sooner.
· Overdue invoices will result in interest charges (at the rate of 8% + Bank of England base rate) for the total outstanding per month.
· Once an invoice becomes overdue, no further work will be undertaken until all overdue invoices are paid.
· In the event of a ‘Contract’ being cancelled/terminated, the client agrees to pay for all work completed up to that point.
· A £200 per day standing charge will be applied where the client delays commencement of work beyond the agreed start date and where I have allocated time.
· Charges may be reviewed from time to time and any changes will be notified in writing.
Specific product T&C’s
Full Customer Journey Implementation / Customer Offboarding
By agreeing to the ‘Contract’ you agree to the following T&C’s:
· To provide KeyboardSmash with everything that I need and ask for to complete the work.
· That you'll stick to our agreed deadlines and feedback calls to ensure that the project can be completed on time.
· That you'll stick to the agreed payment schedule.
· Once you approve the work, it is considered final. I am happy to provide additional revisions, but they will be quoted and billed separately.
· If you should need to cancel the work once it has started, that is not a problem, but you will be billed for any work completed until that point based on hours spent.
· If I should have to cancel the work started due to unforeseen circumstances on my behalf, I will give you all work completed until that point and refund any payments made for the incomplete work.
· Payment price does not include any monthly ongoing fee for software recommended and implemented.
· KeyboardSmash may receive affiliate payments for suggested software but you will be informed of this in advance. All recommendations will be based on their merit and not swayed by affiliate payments.
Process Audit Session
By agreeing to the ‘Contract’ you agree to the following T&C’s:
· The total cost includes a visit to a location of your choice within 30 minutes’ drive from KeyboardSmash headquarters (BS49 4QU).
· Any travelling time on top of 30 minutes will be agreed upon in advance and will be billed hourly in 15 minute increments.
· KeyboardSmash will follow up the session with any relevant notes/videos where agreed.
Customer Journey Process Creation
By agreeing to the 'Contract' you agree to the following T&C's:
· This product includes a phone call, limited to 1.5 hours, and a follow up report.
· The report will be in written format and may include pictures and video.
· I always guarantee the highest level of confidentiality. I do not pass or sell client information on to 3rd parties, unless the client requests me to do so.
· I only hold client information that is required for me to complete the work I am paid to do and to invoice the client for that work. I am not interested in holding any unnecessary personal information.
· The only information that I store is in direct relation to a client with whom I have entered into a work contract with.
· If you do not want your information to be shared through cookies, you can disable them in your browser.
· If required, I am happy to sign a confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure agreement.
· All work will be kept on file and will be reviewed at the end of December after the work has been completed. After this time, work will be permanently deleted from all backups, unless otherwise instructed. I will be in touch with you before deletion to confirm this with you.
· All privacy provisions will continue after completion of any work contract.
All client work is held securely in Google Drive on the cloud, whose servers are based in the U.S. Google complies with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
My website is hosted on Wix.com, they are compliant with GDPR. They participate in and have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
You have the right to know what information I hold on you and the right to amend it. Please send me an email request and I will send a breakdown of any information I have about you.
You also have the right to be forgotten, please get in touch if this is the case and I will take the appropriate actions.
Further information about your rights as a data subject can be obtained from the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via their website.
I am registered with ICO as a Data Protection Officer. My certification number is ZA428685. My certificate can be viewed here.
Full GDPR terms and details for KeyboardSmash can be viewed here.
These terms are not intended to intimidate or concern. Most client work goes without a hitch but these terms and the associated contract are to ensure that when things do go wrong, both parties know how to deal with it. Please always ask if you have a question about anything in these terms or the contract.